Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Senator Scott Martin drops out of Pennsylvania governor race due to leg injury

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -- Senator Scott Martin announced on Friday, Feb. 11, that he has suspended his campaign for Pennsylvania governor due to on-going medical issues. He recently injured his leg.

Get daily news, weather, breaking news and alerts straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletters here!

"The injuries to my leg were beyond a simple broken bone and included a severing of numerous ligaments and tendons in my ankle that are going to require greater and longer rehabilitation than I originally hoped would be necessary."

He added, "Continuing to campaign in the coming months would put my future ability to walk without impediment in danger, which is something I cannot do to my own family. It would also mean that I would be unable to campaign in the manner I feel the people of Pennsylvania and the countless supporters who have come to our effort deserve."

To learn more about who is still in the race for Pennsylvania Governor, click here.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires